Established on April 1st, 1963 as a State-owned Commercial Bank.
-Paid-up capital: 3,955 billion Vietnamese Dongs.
-Being a special state-owned corporations, organised under “90, 91 Corporation” structure.
- Being the oldest commercial bank for external affairs in Vietnam.
- Being the first bank in Vietnam having centralised capital management structure.
- Being interbank forex payment center for over 100 domestic banks and foreign banks’ branches operating in Vietnam.
- Being the first commercial bank in Viet Nam to deal foreign currencies, always takes the largest market share in the interbank forex market.
-Being full member of:
Vietnam Bankers Association
Asia Bankers Association
-Being the first commercial bank to issue and pay international credit card Visa and MasterCard and being the largest agent for card payment in Vietnam: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB...
-Being the largest payment agent in Vietnam for Money Gram - the global express money transfer company.
- Taking largest potion in export-import payment and guarantee in Vietnam.
-Being the only bank in Vietnam to handle automatically 95% of swift messages meeting the American standards.
- Being recognised for 8 consecutive years (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003) as the bank having the best service quality in terms of internationally standardised Swift payment.
- Being selected as a major bank to manage and serving the Government’s loans and aids and many ODA projects in Vietnam.
- Being the leading commercial bank in trade finance, international payment, forex dealings, advanced Banking - IT implementation in Vietnam.
- Being awarded by the “Asian Money” – the famous magazine in Asia – as the first bank in Vietnam in 1995.
Being awarded by “the Banker” – a reputable banking magazine in UK’s international financial circle – as “the Best Bank of Vietnam in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004”.